Polish Association for Persons with Intellectual Disability – the branch in Gdañsk is a national association of the parents of the intellectually disabled persons, operating within a network of the local centres.
The Gdansk branch of the Association has been officially registered since 1992 as a self-help, non-profit, non-governmental organization.
Polish Association for the Persons with Intellectual Disability Gdansk Branch carries out its projects in 10 institutions:
- The Early Intervention Centre
- The Non-public Development Support Centre
- The Rehabilitation, Education and Care Centre
- The Non-public Vocational School
- The Occupational Therapy Workshops
- The Daytime Activity Centre
- The Sheltered Housing Facilities “Our Home”
- The Supported Employment Agency
- The Art gallery „Świętojańska”
- The Vita Activa Orchestra